THE ZX5 HIGH OUTPUT SAWING & MACHINING CENTER FROM STUGA for 800 plus windows per week (six sold to date and two installed)
NOTE! Picture shown is the ZX4 but this will be updated to the ZX5 shortly.
A very high output sophisticated sawing & machining center developed out of the knowledge learned from manufacturing nearly 200 sawing & machining centers of nearly twenty years.
Launched at the 2017 Fit Show the ZX5 includes ‘Tru-Loc’ gripper system, ‘Y-drive’ saw for very accurate accurate ‘Y’ notch preps, tool breakage detection and profile recognition.
The Tru-Loc gripper system grips on both sawing and machining modules in exactly the same position to ensure accuracy on both sides of the machine. This also means that the ‘Y-drive’ system can be used on the saw module to make both ‘Y’ notch preps with perfect accuracy every time.
Every possible saw cut and prep can be produced on the this machining center. This includes forty five and ninety degree cuts, ‘V’ and ‘Y’ notches, trickle vents, drainage, pressure equalisation, upstand removal, espag preps, dog bolts, tilt and turn preps, door locks and hinges, letterboxes, spot preps and anything else that can be required. Notching is on both sides of any frame of transom profile using saw blades and not milling cutters. Many centers cannot notch on both sides of a profile which can be very inconvenient and usually isn’t explained to the unwary customer.
Three hundred and sixty degree rotary tooling system allows for unlimited machining possibilities and an unlimited number of profile systems that can be loaded to one machine and run at the same time. This rotary system is considerably more flexible and much faster than fixed heads partly because the cutters are much closer to the profile and are positioned as the profile is still moving ready to cut as soon as it stops. The rotating movement of the rotary head is extremely fast but also only has to move small distances between operations as the software optimises these movements.
Separate sawing and machining modules working in harmony ensure that delays caused by prepping and cutting waiting for each other are reduced to a minimum or even eliminated. The ‘U’-shape layout is much more operator friendly than long in-line layouts.
The ZX5 is capable of producing between 800 and 1,000 or more windows per week. The ZX5 has three more working heads than the ZX3 and an enhanced output saw unit that can easily cope with stated output volumes. Notes! We can prove to you why a single saw blade is always faster than two saw blades. Claimed output volumes are guaranteed by Stuga. Ask for an analysis of your production requirements for a detailed and guaranteed output report.
The ZX4 and ZX5 have become our most popular sawing & machining centers with many leading industry names purchasing them. The ZX4 and ZX5 sell to both new customers and established Stuga customers.
- Available feeding right to left or left to right
- Profile recognition
- Swarf extractor
- Offcut conveyor
- Label printer (Barcode ready)
- Laser measuring throughout
- Re-usable offcut management system
- Onboard optimisation
- Profile recognition
- Simultaneous prepping on both sides of a profile for trickle vents and doors
- ‘V’ and ‘Y’ notching on front and back of all profiles for increased convenience
- Full buffering system for more efficient balance between cutting and machining centres
- Full Beckhoff control
- Full closed loop CNC systems throughout
- Conversational programming
- Diagnostic internet link and four cameras for enhanced remote diagnostics
- Established links to major software suppliers
- Programmable gripper to match all British profile systems
- Tool breakage indication as standard
- Barcode scanning of cut bar remakes
- Tru-Loc gripper system
- ‘Y’-drive for ‘Y’ notching
- See the About Us/News page for more details on ZX machining centers
- The actual full colour brochure for the ZX5 will not be available for several months.